This is not a valid plugin

Hello! I am attempting to install a suite of CurateScape plugins (Admin Helper, JSON. and Tour Builder) and for each I get the following error:

“This is not a valid plugin.”

I attached a screenshot as well. I am running Omeka 2.7.1 on Reclaim Hosting. I also noticed that the curatescape theme itself does not install properly on the server. I’m unsure how to process from here. I would be grateful for any help!

Aha! I figured it out - i had downloaded the “master” branches of the plugins. Without the -master in the name they work fine.

Hi @nschwiet, glad you found the solution. In the future, you can download from Github using the “Releases” section for each repository (e.g. Curatescape theme 3.4.1). Unlike the master branch, those versions should be ready to go without changing folder names, etc.

I’m having this same issue, it seems! I followed the instructions here and downloaded from GH using the latest releases for each repo, but (a) the plugins are still being marked invalid and (b) the theme itself throws a not-very-helpful error (" Omeka has encountered an error. To learn how to see more detailed information about this error, see the Omeka Classic User Manual page on retrieving error messages." when I try to go to the homepage (but the config options in the back end appear just fine).

Update on the theme issue: I enabled detailed error reporting and now see the following:

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'crddsupe_om1.om_tours' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table ‘crddsupe_om1.om_tours’ doesn’t exist in /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Stack trace:
#0 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare(‘SELECT tours…’)
#1 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(388): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), ‘SELECT tours…’)
#2 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare(‘SELECT tours…’)
#3 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(80): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(‘SELECT tours…’, Array)
#4 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/libraries/Omeka/Db/Table.php(647): Omeka_Db->__call(‘query’, Array)
#5 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/themes/curatescape/custom.php(1798): Omeka_Db_Table->fetchObjects(Object(Omeka_Db_Select))
#6 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/themes/curatescape/custom.php(2120): mh_display_homepage_tours()
#7 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/themes/curatescape/index.php(24): homepage_widget_sections()
#8 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/libraries/Omeka/View.php(114): include(’/home/crddsupe/…’)
#9 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Omeka_View->_run(’/home/crddsupe/…’)
#10 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(912): Zend_View_Abstract->render(NULL)
#11 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/controllers/IndexController.php(16): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->renderScript(‘index.php’)
#12 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): IndexController->indexAction()
#13 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘indexAction’)
#14 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#15 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#16 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#17 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run()
#18 /home/crddsupe/omeka.crdds.upenn.domains/index.php(23): Omeka_Application->run()
#19 {main}

Hi @nicky, the error is due to the fact that the tour builder plugin has not been installed and thus there’s no tours table in the database.

My best guess is that your plugins directory has misnamed directories.

Can you share your directory listing?

It should look something like this (ignore the extra plugins here):

Thank you! This was happening to me and once I took off _master in all the titles, it worked.