Simple Pages conflict?

Using Reclaim Hosting. Everything is working (and appears to be doing so beautifully) with one exception. I cannot activate the Simple Pages plug-in.

Thoughts?

No conflict. My best guess is that the pluginā€™s folder name is wrong (e.g. /plugins/SimplePages-master) and/or is incorrectly nested (e.g. /plugins/SimplePagesPlugin/SimplePages). Are you seeing an error?

Omeka_Validate_Exception: Title: The title is already in use by another page. Please choose another.
Slug: The slug is already in use by another page. Please choose another. in /home/worldwa3/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Record/AbstractRecord.php:533
Stack trace:
#0 /home/worldwa3/public_html/plugins/SimplePages/SimplePagesPlugin.php(72): Omeka_Record_AbstractRecord->save()
#1 /home/worldwa3/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Plugin/Broker.php(142): SimplePagesPlugin->hookInstall(Array)
#2 /home/worldwa3/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Plugin/Installer.php(126): Omeka_Plugin_Broker->callHook(ā€˜installā€™, Array, Object(Plugin))
#3 /home/worldwa3/public_html/application/controllers/PluginsController.php(95): Omeka_Plugin_Installer->install(Object(Plugin))
#4 /home/worldwa3/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): PluginsController->installAction()
#5 /home/worldwa3/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(ā€˜installActionā€™)
#6 /home/worldwa3/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#7 /home/worldwa3/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#8 /home/worldwa3/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#9 /home/worldwa3/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run()
#10 /home/worldwa3/public_html/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#11 {main}

There is a simple pages within the curatescape theme directory as well.

The /simple-pages directory in the theme is just a theme template that tweaks the container HTML to fit the themeā€™s layout. It wouldnā€™t prevent you from activating the plugin.

Sounds like this issue on the Omeka forum:

good catch. where might I find the table? in the database? any ideas?

In the database. Youā€™ll need to log in to your Reclaim account, go to CPanel and find PHPMyAdmin in order to alter database tables. If youā€™re not sure what to do when you get there, submit a support ticket to Reclaim. They should be able to help.

And, you win the award for incisive advice. I did a quick search and found it in PHPMyAdmin.

Somehow the install created an ā€œaboutā€ page that prevented the simple pages from working.

Good call. thank you.

1 Like

I deleted only the offending ā€œaboutā€ page, not the entire tableā€¦ and that worked. I did not need to delete the table itself.