Map pin not appearing on homepage

Hello Omeka developers,
I am having trouble making the items appear on the homepage.
I am currently using the latest version of Omeka and Curatescape, plugins. the server apache version is Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) OpenSSL/1.0.2k-fips PHP/7.2.34
The map location of items appear individually in their description but not on the homepage map.
Here is the link to the site: https://cs.slu.edu/student/zhangbohan/virtual_guide/Omeka/index.php
I am happy to provide admin access if needed.

Hi @zbh321412,

The first thing I would recommend is checking to ensure that you have the default .htaccess file in the root of your installation (depending on how you installed Omeka, you may need to enable hidden files). You shouldn’t need to navigate to index.php for the page to load. This is likely why clicking the logo leads to an error page.

It’s unclear to my why or how your homepage it set to the items/browse.php template – you might want to revert that change since the default homepage template is generally going to be a better experience.

The reason much of your JavaScript isn’t loading – including the map markers, sidebar menu, and image viewer – is that you’ve installed the site in a sub directory (/student/zhangbohan/virtual_guide/Omeka/). Instead you’ll need to use a root domain (example.com) or sub domain (omeka.example.com). Moving your installation to a root or sub domain will fix all of those errors.