Editing Default Text

So, I know how to change the title of my site, and I know how to change the words “stories” and “tours,” but I can’t figure out where to change the default text on the about page and for author attributions.

On the ‘about’ section, I would like to change “A project by The Hal Baron Project” to “A Site For The Hal Baron Project.”

On the author attributions, I would like to remove the first “The” and capitalize the word “team.”

Could anyone help with this?
Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 11.10.21 AM

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 11.10.41 AM

Hi @M_McQ, the fallback when there is no listed Creator is to use “by the [site title] team.” Obviously, that’s not ideal when your site title starts with the word “the.”

• You could change your site title to “Hal Baron Project”
  • You can add something to the Creator field (including “The Hal Baron Project Team”). A benefit of actually adding the name of the creator is that the link becomes clickable, which is useful if you have multiple authors. Naming the author can also be useful in creating a trail of accountability.
  • You can also just omit author names altogether by going to Admin > Appearance > Configure Theme and uncheck Display Author Name (which is under Additional Display Options).
1 Like