Announcement: New Curatescape Echo theme!

Read more on the blog (which includes some important details for existing projects) and feel free to share feedback!

It’s a wonderful theme, with so many nice little tweaks that I’ve often thought about. I just tried it and it works 99% (except that a few of my images need captions but that’s on me).

My only issue is that one of my simple pages doesn’t stick to the margins. It’s just a very simple html enabled page with some text and some bullet points, but it just seems to run all the way to the right margin until it reaches line end like plain text. I’m on Omeka Classic 3.0.1 with simple pages 3.2 on this particular installation.

Hi @james-smith, can you share a screenshot or – even better – a link so I can look more closely at the issue?

The url in question is Openness | James Louis Smith

It’s currently set to the old theme and the url as you see it is how it should look.

This is what happens with the echo theme:

But then weirdly, About | James Louis Smith looks absolutely fine. The only difference I can think of is that one uses an html list and one doesn’t.

Update: Actually that’s obviously what it is because the sections not part of the list are sticking to the margins aren’t they?

Ok, I’ll do some testing with ordered and unordered lists on simple pages and update the theme later today.

Right now, it looks like it’s just a matter of adding a little CSS. You can add this now if you want, and let me know if that fixes your issue.

.page-inner-content {
  max-width: 37em;
}

article ul, article ol {
  list-style-position: outside;
  margin-left: 1em;
}

article ul {
  list-style-type: square;
}

article ol {
  list-style-type: decimal;
}

Hmmm I added to custom CSS and it doesn’t seem to have done anything.

That’s another bug!

Fixed that one and others: Release 1.0.5 · CPHDH/theme-curatescape-echo · GitHub

1 Like

Great! I’ll re-download.

Update: All working perfectly now. And so fast!