CurateScape in Omeka S

I see that Omeka S is now released. Is there any plan to Curatescape compatible with this? I have no idea if this is hard or easy. I’m looking to begin an Omeka pilot. I think that it would be cool to be able to use Curatescape in a year or two. So my question boils down to, should I stick with Omeka Classic, or jump into the world of Omeka S?

Any opinions are welcome.

Hi @pbcote, we don’t currently have any plans to build Curatescape for Omeka S. As to which platform you should use, I would make this decision at least in part on how each is described. Omeka S is described as being for “institutions managing a sharable resource pool across multiple sites” and Omeka Classic as “for individual projects and educators.”

Has there been any development in Curatescape for Omeka S or are there any alternatives to mimic Curatescape in Omeka S?

As long as Omeka Classic exists, it is unlikely that we will pursue Curatescape for Omeka S. One could probably build something comparable for Omeka S, it would just take a lot of work in plugin and theme development.