Adding Spreadsheet Data

My students transcribed some records and entered into a Google Sheet. I also have it in an Excel file. There is a Dataset Item Type, but when I try to add the Excel file I get the following error:

The file ‘/tmp/php46PGGn’ could not be ingested because it has a disallowed MIME type (application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet).

I did see that you allowed the ability to add documents. I have added a pdf with no errors. I could save the data as a pdf, but that limits visitors’ ability to manipulate data.

Hi @josephhhunter, you need to update your security settings to allow the type of file you’re trying to ingest. See: Security Settings - Omeka Classic User Manual.

Please remember to always use the Omeka forums when dealing with Omeka issues that don’t involve the Curatescape theme or plugins. I see you’ve cross-posted here: Dataset Item Type - Omeka Classic - Omeka Forum. Please follow up with any additional questions on the Omeka forum.

Thanks – E

That worked. Thanks.

Sorry for cross-posting. I honestly didn’t know if it was a Curatescape issue or Omeka.

No problem. Glad you got it working! :slight_smile: